I have been working in the world of live sound now for 5 years and have gained a wealth of experiences in various types of events. If any of these services mentioned below are what you require, Contact Me and we can make it work for you. Here are some examples of work that I have done in the past to give you an idea of what services I can provide:
Live Sound Engineering
- Monitor Engineer – I have been the dedicated monitor engineer for Syd Arthur for the past year and have joined them on a number of tours around the UK including supporting Paul Weller, White Denim and Vampire Weekend. This also includes festival slots at festivals such as Hard Rock Calling 2013 and the main stage at British Summer Time festival.
- Front-Of-House Engineer – I have mixed a large number of bands in a variety of different venues around the UK. An example of this is joining Tom Williams and his band on their summer festival tour and his album launch in the Lexington in London as their front-of-house engineer as well as taking on a tour management role. This also includes mixing function bands at corporate events and weddings.
- Festival Engineer – this includes mixing both front-of-house and monitors at festivals such as British Summer Time, Hard Rock Calling, Leopallooza, LeeFest, Lounge On The Farm, Broadstairs Folk Week and Smugglers Festival.
- Function Events – As previously mentioned I have mixed function bands in a range of events and venues. this extends from a 3 piece Motown band at the The Gherkin Building in London to a 16 piece all-round function band at The Hilton in Manchester. This also includes providing sound services for those who require a sound system for DJ’s at weddings or backing tracks for fireworks.
- Conferences – Some examples of services that I provided for conferences have been looking after speakers at presentations or a large panel of speakers taking questions from the audience whilst also amplifying any audio during the presentation.
- Live Mixing and Operating – I have been working at the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury since its re-opening. I have mixed performances ranging from rock shows to orchestras as well as looking after comedians at headline shows such as Ross Noble and Julian Clary. I have been a Sound Operator on dance shows and theatre productions. As of September 2015, I have been touring as the sound operator on the Mister Maker & The Shapes Live UK tour.
- Sound #2 Duties – I have been looking after radio microphones for the Evolution Pantomime Productions at the Marlowe Theatre since 2011.
- Studio/On Location Recording – I have been recording in and out of the studio for 6 years. I recorded my band’s EPs, Julius and Portraits, and recorded each element in different locations to utilise their space and acoustic properties. For example, we recorded drums in a chapel, vocals in halls and stairwells and acoustic guitars in a big open room. I am able to, with my mobile recording setup, turn up with a 16 channel audio interface, a laptop and all the mics and cables to record bands and solo artists at any location.
- Live Recording – In the last few years I have been recording live shows, sometimes whilst mixing the show at the same time. I have recorded Nick Mulvey play his hometown show in Cambridge for a B-Side on one of his single releases and Cocos Lovers during a live show at St Mary’s Church in Sandwich to be released as a live album.
- Tour Management – I was Nick Mulvey’s tour manager during his solo UK tour in November 2013. I also combine the duties of both sound engineer and tour manager with other bands. An example of this was with Tom Williams during his summer festival tour in 2014, solo tour in 2015 and his touring dates in 2017.
Please do get in contact as I am happy to accommodate any service required and make it suit your budget. Click on the Contact page to get in touch.